How to compete with the corpulent companies in the disc replication industry

I was asked many times by my customers that corpulent companies such as the Makers et al are lowering their prices and how we are going to cope with such competition.  My answer is simple: Quality!

When I say quality I mean quality in the sense of product and customer services.

For the product quality I think the 80/20 rule fits. To be fair, the quality from those corpulent companies is ok.  If a 100 is perfect then they are at about 75 to 80.  When there is no comparison a B- or B student at 75 ~ 80% is not too bad.  Since I was an A student during my school era I am definitely not satisfied with a B.  The extra 20% is what we are striving to attain here at New Cyberian. Customers who bought from us and the Makers et al immediately notice the subtle difference in quality.  If the Makers et al are selling the Cadillac’s, we are selling the Rolls Royce’s; at the same or even lower prices.

As far as customer services, we always train our sales as sales engineers, not just a salesperson.  Our sales need to be able to handle all the artwork issues with hands on Photoshop skills.  The assembly line approach used by our corpulent competitions is error prone and cold.  When customers call us we don’t need to pass the line around because our sales are well-equipped and are aware of every aspect of the steps.

Unlike corpulent companies which expend by buying companies, we build our company from the ground up.  As an analogy, we got our Ph. D. by hard work studying, and someone can also get a Ph. D. by buying a diploma.  Unfortunately flamboyant marketing brainwash used by the corpulent companies capture 80% of the market and leaving 20% of the market to smart shoppers who has the intelligence to cogitate.  Now next time when you need to get your CD or DVD replication, who do you want to call?

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on TumblrPin on PinterestShare on StumbleUponShare on RedditFlattr the authorDigg thisEmail this to someoneBuffer this page

Leave a Reply